Friday, June 11, 2010

On your mark, get set...

GO!!!!

I'm happy to report, the 5 mile run was INCREDIBLE!!! I loved every single solitary minute of it--the crowds, the sun, the tunes, even the yellow Gatorade.


We arrived at the start line just as the half-marathoners were getting ready to go. There were people everywhere, and the energy in the air was almost palpable. Giant speakers were blaring fun music and everyone was smiling. They stopped to have a state trooper sing the national anthem, and then the half marathoners were off!!!




At 8:15, we lined up with the thousands of athletic-looking runners, full of nerves and excitement. I couldn't wait to get started!!!







To my absolute shock and amazement, I was able to run the entire thing. My brothers and my brother's girlfriend were awesome enough to make the trek out from Sudbury and I wasn't sure exactly where they'd be standing, so I was determined to keep running! I ran past them, and soon enough was into the last mile. The cheering crowds started building up again, and stopping was not an option. Crossing the finish line was one of the most incredible feelings I've ever had.

We collected our medals, bananas and Gatorade and walked around for a bit, savoring the moment.







 The next couple of days were sore ones, but worth it. I made myself feel a bit better by settling myself in at the beach for some much needed sitting still.





Ahhhhhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment