Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Interesting Factoid About Overeating

Someone at work told me that she was recently talking to her doctor about losing weight, and her doctor told her a neat little tip:

When your stomach/body is full, you will sigh. That is when you should stop eating.
I found this to be extremely interesting, and although I did zero research into seeing if it was true or not, I started paying attention to whether or not I do it. At first it was like yawning…simply thinking about sighing made me sigh. However, after a while I realized…ermagherd, it does happen!  Now mind you, I haven’t gotten to the point where I acknowledge the sigh all the time…it’s more like I’m practically hyperventilating and burping before I stop. But TODAY…today was different. I got a salad with grilled chicken for lunch. Barely used dressing. Started eating one side with the intention of only eating half (it was huge). But before I could even get to the halfway point I sighed, sighed and sighed again. There now. I stopped.

And once I spread it all back out again, look how much I had left over:


It looks like I didn’t even start, which is why I would normally continue eating it. But I did start…and I ate for 20 minutes and was more than full. I’m glad. Not only is it a great visual for all for the extra food I would have jammed into my poor unsuspecting stomach, but now I have lunch for tomorrow and probably Friday, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment