Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Wait, what? WHOA.

I have the most ridiculous confession to make. As the daughter of an electrician (or maybe because I'm the daughter of an electrician) I have zero knowledge about electricity. In fact, I have a very healthy fear of respect for it. 

Tonight I did the bravest thing I've ever done in terms of playing with electricity. I have an electric stove (boo, hiss) and I was trying to figure out how to clean the gross pans under the burners. I lift them up sometimes (ohhhh so gingerly) but I looked at them tonight and had enough. I know that you can buy new pans, so there MUST be a way to get them off. Yet they've always been kind of like one of those puzzles to me where you have to get the ring off the ropes but there's no opening. 

I was cleaning near and around them, and suddenly I thought...what if I pull it?  I hesitantly gave it a tiny tug and nothing happened. I envisioned a large spark, maybe an explosion even, where my hair would singe off and my face would look like pizza for life. But I conquered the fear and realized I'm in my 30s, I live alone, and at the current time I have no one to come in and clean my stove top for me.

So I pulled it. AND OHMYGOD THOSE THINGS COME OUT!!!! 



I know you probably already know this, and I'm glad I'm imparting the information via the internet so you can mock me in private, but if I could have taught one new person one new piece of information today my work here is done.

Next step: Changing a lightbulb with the light switch turned on. I'm fearless!

No comments:

Post a Comment