Saturday, December 1, 2012

Watch your step!

(I giggle every time someone says that to someone who just tripped)

SPEAKING OF TRIPPING (of the physical, not drug-induced variety), last week I went to the grocery store to do my Thanksgiving food shopping, then returned home and began "The Challenge." You know, where you carry more than is physically possible in order to not have to (god forbid) take two trips. It's not about being lazy (ok, I guess it kind of is)...it's about conquering the bags and impressing the neighbors with your brute strength!

Either way, the whole 'impress the neighbors' thing was sort of a bust, as I lost control of what I was carrying, got distracted and literally fell off the walkway. Bags and groceries everywhere, me on the ground with the bags actually holding me down so I couldn't even hop right up. People saw me. I called my mom afterward to tell her and in typical family style, she laughed so hard I couldn't understand her for 5 minutes. The only downside was that I hurt my poor big toe. I can't even talk about toenails, never mind the thought of losing one, without gagging and covering my eyes...so I'll save you the details and just tell you it's no bueno. Saw the doctor, who agreed that the top part of my big toe is probably broken. It hurt like a MO FO for about a week, but now it's been almost two weeks and it only hurts some. However, I've been unable to wear a shoe or even a slipper. That has left me in this lovely boot:


Luckily, I work with awesome people who decided the other day I needed to spice things up a bit and bought me this winner of a sock (I got a ladybug one too):


ANYWHO...I'm pretty thrilled to be back on Paleo (despite some major derailments), and had this amazing breakfast this morning. It literally took under 5 minutes to make. Protein, flavor, color and texture FTW.

1 egg
leftover buffalo chicken meatloaf
sauteed spinach
coconut oil

No comments:

Post a Comment