Sunday, January 6, 2013

Paleoary (that's an all-Paleo January)

After losing 15 pounds the first time I did the strict month of Paleo, I kept most of it off in the following few months by keeping to a 'mostly' Paleo diet. As the holidays came and went, the 'mostly' became 'mostly not' and the scale showed it. More importantly, I felt icky. 

So January is my second strict month of Paleo. Yesterday was Day 1, and although I had two meals and they were both at restaurants I managed to stick with it (this of course is pretending they don't secretly load butter and/or other un-Paleo ingredients into my food). 

Brunch:

Tomato, onion and mushroom omelette with no cheese
Side of fruit
Black coffee
No home fries, no toast

Dinner:

Chicken BLT flatbread sandwich with avocado, which I removed from the bread
Side of salad instead of fries
Water

This morning I woke up starving and had to scavenge through my empty fridge. I came up with an ounce of pepperoni, some mushrooms and 2 scrambled eggs. Not awful!


Now it's time to plan and go grocery shopping because the next thing I eat is a spoonful of coconut oil and/or the cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment